Amicus Briefs Filed in Opposition to Samsung/Lemley Positions for the Recent Apple v. Samsung Matter
The following links provide access to two of the major opposition amicus briefs filed on 8/4/2014 in the Apple v. Samsung matter. These briefs represent the combined support of 54 Distinguished Design Professionals and 26 Distinguished Design Educators. These two amicus briefs are in opposition to the Samsung/Lemley position calling for massive changes to the US Design Patent system.
- Amici Curiae Brief of 54 Distinguished Industrial Design Professionals in Support of Affirmance
- Brief of 26 Design Educators as Amici Curiae in Support of Appellee Apple Inc.
The following is a list of three other briefs written in opposition to the Samsung/Lemley brief:
- Brief of Amici Curiae Jason J. Du Mont and Mark D. Janis in Support of Appellee Apple Inc.
- Amicus Curiae Brief of Crocs, Inc. in Support of Plaintiff-Appellee Apple Inc. and in Support of Affirmance
- Brief of Design Ideas, Ltd., Novo Nordisk, Inc., Lutron Electronics, Inc., Nuvasive, Inc., Method Products, PBC, Oakley, Inc., Deckers Outdoor Corporation and Kohler Co., as Amici Curiae in Support of Plaintiff-Appellee
The original Samsung/Lemley brief can be accessed at the following link:
Update: The Samsung reply brief, filed on September 5th in response to the amicus briefs above, is available at the following link: On Appeal from the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in Case No. 11-CV-01846-LHK, Honorable Lucy H. Koh
For other blog posts on this case please see the following links:
Other popular long-form articles by Charles L Mauro CHFP: